- INTRODUCTION: Welcome to our software application (the “Worldreader Application”). This Worldreader Application is published by or on behalf of Worldreader.org (“Worldreader” or “We” or “Us”) a not-for-profit corporation incorporated under the laws of the State of Washington with a principal place of business in the United States located at 1211 Folsom St 4th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94103. By downloading or otherwise accessing the Worldreader Application you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms”) and our Privacy Notice for Worldreader Applications that apply to all software applications for mobile devices such as phones and tablets that are developed by Worldreader (“Worldreader Applications”). If you have any queries about the Worldreader Application or these Terms, you can contact us by any of the means set out in paragraph 11 of these Terms. If you do not agree with these Terms, you should stop using the Worldreader Application immediately.
- GENERAL RULES RELATING TO CONDUCT: The Worldreader Application is made available for your own, personal use. The Worldreader Application must not be used for any commercial purpose whatsoever or for any illegal or unauthorised purpose. When you use the Worldreader Application you must comply with all applicable US laws and with any applicable international laws, including the local laws in your country of residence (together referred to as “Applicable Laws”).
You agree that when using the Worldreader Application you will comply with all Applicable Laws and these Terms. In particular, but without limitation, you agree not to:
(a) Use the Worldreader Application in any unlawful manner or in a manner which promotes or encourages illegal activity including (without limitation) copyright infringement;
(b) Attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Worldreader Application or any networks, servers or computer systems connected to the Worldreader Application; or
(c) Modify, adapt, translate or reverse engineer any part of the Worldreader Application or re-format or frame any portion of the pages comprising the Worldreader Application, save to the extent expressly permitted by these Terms or by law.
You agree to indemnify Worldreader and its affiliates in full and on demand from and against any loss, damage, costs or expenses which they suffer or incur directly or indirectly as a result of your use of the Worldreader Application otherwise than in accordance with these Terms or Applicable Laws.
- CONTENT: The copyright in all material contained on, in, or available through the Worldreader Application including all information, data, text, the selection and arrangement thereof, and all source code, software compilations and other material (“Material”) is owned by or licensed to Worldreader or its affiliates. All rights are reserved. You can view the Material for your own personal use but you cannot otherwise copy, edit, vary, reproduce, publish, display, distribute, store, transmit, commercially exploit, disseminate in any form whatsoever or use the Material without Worldreader’s express permission.
The trademarks, service marks, and logos (“Trade Marks”) contained on or in the Worldreader Application are owned by Worldreader or its affiliates or third party partners of Worldreader. You cannot use, copy, edit, vary, reproduce, publish, display, distribute, store, transmit, commercially exploit or disseminate the Trade Marks without the prior written consent of Worldreader or the relevant affiliate or the relevant third party partner of Worldreader.
- LINK TO THIRD PARTIES: The Worldreader Application may contain links to websites operated by third parties (“Third Party Websites”). Worldreader may monetize some of these links through the use of third party affiliate programmes. Notwithstanding such affiliate programmes, Worldreader does not have any influence or control over any such Third Party Websites and, unless otherwise stated, is not responsible for and does not endorse any Third Party Websites or their availability or contents.
- PRIVACY: We take your privacy very seriously. Worldreader will only use your personal information in accordance with the terms of our Privacy Notice for Worldreader Applications and Cookies Policy (in the case of accessing our Worldreader Applications in https://booksmart.worldreader.org and https://read.worldreader.org/) and these Terms. By using the Worldreader Application you acknowledge and agree that you have read and accept their terms.
- DISCLAIMER / LIABILITY: USE OF THE WORLDREADER APPLICATION IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE WORLDREADER APPLICATION IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW: (A) WORLDREADER DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY WHATSOEVER, WHETHER ARISING IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE IN RELATION TO THE WORLDREADER APPLICATION; AND (B) ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, TERMS AND CONDITIONS RELATING TO THE WORLDREADER APPLICATION (WHETHER IMPLIED BY STATUE, COMMON LAW OR OTHERWISE), INCLUDING (WITHOUT LIMITATION) ANY WARRANTY, TERM OR CONDITION AS TO ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, PERFORMANCE, FITNESS FOR PURPOSE OR ANY SPECIAL PURPOSE, AVAILABILITY, NON INFRINGEMENT, INFORMATION ACCURACY, INTEROPERABILITY, QUIET ENJOYMENT AND TITLE ARE, AS BETWEEN WORLDREADER AND YOU, HEREBY EXCLUDED. IN PARTICULAR, BUT WITHOUT PREJUDICE TO THE FOREGOING, WE ACCEPT NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY TECHNICAL FAILURE OF THE INTERNET AND/OR THE WORLDREADER APPLICATION; OR ANY DAMAGE OR INJURY TO USERS OR THEIR EQUIPMENT AS A RESULT OF OR RELATING TO THEIR USE OF THE WORLDREADER APPLICATION. YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS ARE NOT AFFECTED.
Worldreader will not be liable, in contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence), under statute or otherwise, as a result of or in connection with the Worldreader Application, for any: (i) economic loss (including, without limitation, loss of revenues, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings); or (ii) loss of goodwill or reputation; or (iii) special or indirect or consequential loss.
- SERVICE SUSPENSION: Worldreader reserves the right to suspend or cease providing any services relating to the Worldreader Applications published by it, with or without notice, and shall have no liability or responsibility to you in any manner whatsoever if it chooses to do so.
- ADVERTISERS IN THE WORLDREADER APPLICATIONS: We accept no responsibility for adverts contained within the Worldreader Application. If you agree to purchase goods and/or services from any third party who advertises in the Worldreader Application, you do so at your own risk. The advertiser, not Worldreader, is responsible for such goods and/or services and if you have any queries or complaints in relation to them, your only recourse is against the advertiser.
- COMPETITIONS: If you take part in any competition which is run in or through the Worldreader Application (“Competition”), you agree to be bound by the rules of that competition and any other rules specified by Worldreader from time to time (“Competition Rules”) and by the decisions of Worldreader, which are final in all matters relating to the Competition. Worldreader reserves the right to disqualify any entrant and/or winner in its absolute discretion without notice in accordance with the Competition Rules.
- RESEARCH AND SURVEYS If you take part in any research or surveys which are run in or through the Worldreader Application (“Surveys”), you agree to be bound by the rules of that competition and any other rules specified by Worldreader from time to time (“Surveys”) and by the survey regulations. Worldreader reserves the right to publish and share with third the data collected during these surveys.
- GENERAL: These Terms (as amended from time to time) constitute the entire agreement between you and Worldreader concerning your use of the Worldreader Application.
Worldreader reserves the right to update these Terms from time to time. If it does so, the updated version will be effective immediately, and the current Terms are available through a link in the Worldreader Application to this page. You are responsible for regularly reviewing these Terms so that you are aware of any changes to them and you will be bound by the new policy upon your continued use of the Worldreader Application. No other variation to these Terms shall be effective unless in writing and signed by an authorised representative on behalf of Worldreader.
These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with US law and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of the State of California.
If any provision(s) of these Terms is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, then such provision(s) shall be construed, as nearly as possible, to reflect the intentions of the parties (as reflected in the provision(s)) and all other provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
Worldreader’s failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision unless acknowledged and agreed to by Worldreader in writing.
Unless otherwise expressly stated, nothing in the Terms shall create any rights or any other benefits in favour of any person other than you, Worldreader and its affiliates.
- CONTACT US: You can contact Worldreader at 1211 Folsom St 4th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94103, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last update: June 2022